Author Topic: Please allow me to introduce myself......  (Read 1466 times)

rlon

• Original Rock'N'Blues
Please allow me to introduce myself......
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:13:39 PM »
Hey! My name is Richard (Dick) Lonczynski and I sent in my $25 back in February for the privilege of wandering around this site. I started brewing back when Jimmy Carter said "GO" but fell off the bandwagon after about 50 bottled batches. I'm not a big fan of bottling. Fast forward about 15 years and our little baby boy turned 21 and asked about maybe making beer again like when he was my bottle washer. I agreed but only if we kegged and I haven't looked back since. I haven't made a bad batch either in these last 4 years. I've gone exclusively all-grain, have 9 cornies, a 3-tap beer fridge and room for 6 in my keezer. Life is good.
   On a more personal note, I'm a retired (...make that laid-off) cad designer from TRW Inflatable Restraints in Washington MI. In the 10+ years since I clocked out I have focused on A) Beer, B) cleaning house & C) trying to make music pay.... at least a little bit. Like most musicians, I have failed miserably but keep plugging along anyway. I lead a 3 piece rock'n'sorta blues band by the name of Hatchetmen. We have two CDs independently released that have actually sold pretty well. (Well, at least we covered our costs.) I'm the guitarist, lead vocalist & songwriter in this fantasy/experiment. You can check us out if you so desire on facebook or at our website www.hatchetmen.net. There's a link there that will allow you to listen to both of our CDs for free. Who knows? Maybe one of you is a zillionaire looking to give an old hippy the break of a lifetime.
   Seriously, I love beer and like nothing more than spending all day watching a boil and cleaning up afterward. Really. No, I mean it! Right now on tap I have: A tweaked Final Absolution clone that I call "Triple Play", and Imperial Red based on a BrewDogs recipe that I've named "Rusty Staub", a SMaSH pale ale named "Line Drive" (... are you feeling my baseball infatuation yet?), a Ballantines XXX clone, A Cream Stout ala Sam Adams, a BrewDogs Punk IPA clone that I backed off on the hop bill a bit, and last but not least, a Smoked Molasses Stout that I call "Black Plague" because it's over 9% and absolutely opaque.
   Anyway, sorry for rambling on. I look forward to meeting lots of you in person at the May meeting. Til then, Cheers!

thegleek

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »
wow! what an intro! welcome to the craft family! :)

Quote from: "rlon, post: 22497, member: 395"
You can check us out if you so desire at our website www.hatchetmen.net. There's a link there that will allow you to listen to both of our CDs for free. Who knows? Maybe one of you is a zillionaire looking to give an old hippy the break of a lifetime.

...only bad news is your website is down or not paid for. were you aware of that?

Dan Fick

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:28:44 PM »
Hey Dick,

Welcome to the club.  I look forward to meeting you and trying some of these famed brews at the May meeting.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
AHA Member
HBT "mors"
AHA Forums "dkfick"

tgreening

• Webmasters
  • Tony Greening
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:43:19 AM »
Welcome Dick!  Why do I see a meeting with live music in our future?!?!
BJCP Mead Judge

Jim Elmhirst

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
Welcome to the club Dick!

Noiz2

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 04:23:46 PM »
His facebook page functions

Welcome Dick.
Cheers
SK
Scott Koue

meadmamadenise

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 06:38:43 AM »
Welcome! Look forward to trying your beers!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tracy7307

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 10:42:45 PM »
Hi Dick! Looking forward to seeing you at the May meeting! I might pick on you to introduce yourself in person :) Don't forget to bring some beer to sample! Cheers!
Former CRAFT President / Queen / Khaleesi
BJCP Judge: A1017, Certified

rlon

• Original Rock'N'Blues
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
Quote from: "thegleek, post: 22498, member: 48"

...only bad news is your website is down or not paid for. were you aware of that?

I did not know that! I'm on it.....

rlon

• Original Rock'N'Blues
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »
try this link....      http://hatchetmen.wixsite.com/hatchetmen

Quote from: "thegleek, post: 22498, member: 48"

thegleek

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 05:38:35 PM »
Quote from: "rlon, post: 22526, member: 395"
try this link.... http://hatchetmen.wixsite.com/hatchetmen

oh yeah! much better! loads right up!