Author Topic: 2018 KGB cider buy  (Read 172 times)

Tralmix

2018 KGB cider buy
« on: October 01, 2018, 12:54:44 PM »
BAHCO Brewing Company

Andrew Kline

Re: 2018 KGB cider buy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
Not sure if I will do this again.  Every time I've used their cider, I get a really sulfery fermentation.  Anyone with the same or opposite experience?

konrad

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:02:54 PM »
Not sure if I will do this again.  Every time I've used their cider, I get a really sulfery fermentation.  Anyone with the same or opposite experience?
Never sulfury for me.  Of course, I rack about three times over 6 months before I package.  That said... I'm going to try for Uncle John's bulk cider buy again this year (missed it last year).  Want something different than "off-the-shelf" cider.
Konrad

Andrew Kline

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 01:43:11 PM »
Okay it was probably just something in my process.  Its worth the drive.  My favorite is their heirloom blend + a clean yeast or wild yeast if you're feeling lucky.  Drinking the last of last years right now.  I used a white wine yeast on this batch and the esters are just distracting from the very nice blend.

Noiz2

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 12:23:27 AM »
The batch I got a couple of years ago was VERY sulfery, as in open the fermentor and rotten eggs everywhere.  I did a little searching and copper bonds with the sulfur dioxide, so I put a bunch of copper tubing I had sitting around (after cleaning and sanitizing) and it went away in a week or so.  Turned out very nice.
Cheers
SK
Scott Koue